welcome to ~crikey.. the biggest and best aussie club on dA!
| about the club and how to join | club submission guidelines |
| club contests | crikey club members | #crikey chatroom information | #crikey chatroom members |
~crikey's gallery mission
firstly, welcome to what is going to be the start of the best damn collection of Australian and New Zealand art in the world! allow us to introduce ourselves, we are Kylie and Cath, and we look after the gallery here at ~crikey. we both love australia and have a strong commitment to making sure the club gallery is the best it can be!
our mission in the ~crikey gallery, is to showcase our beautiful nation to the world through deviantART and now we are at the footsteps of our dream for ~crikey, as we begin to fill our club gallery with only Australian and New Zealand art by Australian and New Zealand artists [even if they currently live overseas].
~crikey's submission guidelines [revised march 2006, by `cdaile]
submitting deviations to ~crikey is easy, but please keep in mind that with over 500 members, we've tailored our submission guidelines a little more in an effort to make sure the club gallery is the best it can be! remember, we're here to showcase australia to the world!
so to submit your deviation to the club, just send us a note with "submission" in the subject line and inside the note place the link to the deviation in your gallery (and a description if needed; location, event, details).
but, before you send us your note with the submission link, please read through the following submission guidelines and make sure that when you submit work it meets with these. if your work does not meet with them, you may find that your submissions are not posted in the club gallery [you will receive a note in this instance].
so, onto the club submission guidelines:
- deviations must be clearly related to australia or new zealand in some manner (snap shots of "my dog" or "a peg" or "a flower" will most likely not make it into the club gallery), we want you to show off our country, our culture and our lifestyle to the world.
- deviations should clearly explain in their 'artist description' how they express views about or relate to australia or new zealand in some way; alternatively, this information may be provided in the note you send us. please don't ignore this step.. it is simple and only needs a few words (i.e. typical australian outback sunset over the mountains, image taken in Kalgoorlie, WA.)
- deviations should be well presented; for instance, photographs should be clearly in focus, traditional art work should be finalised, written material and prose should be free from spelling errors; all work should be correctly categorised within dA, watermarked with your signature (for your own copyright protection), and presented neatly - frames / borders are preferable
- deviations which may contain mature content will be reviewed at the discretion of the gallery managers. please don't be offended if your work is respectfully declined
please also note:
- deviations are submitted to ~crikey by deviantART members who are part of our online australian community and are therefore displayed in the gallery with their permission. images displayed in this club may not be copied or reproduced without the expressed written permission of the original artist of the work.
- all submissions must abide by the deviantART submission guidelines
- the ~crikey admin reserve the right to review and change these submission guidelines at any time.
on a regular basis, we will have theme weeks for submissions to the gallery. a topic, theme, issue or item will be selected as our 'theme' and the club community is invited to participate by creating art with the selected theme in mind and then submitting thier work to the club. we won't be having theme weeks every week, in fact probably only once a month or so while they get started.. but we hope they're something fun and different that everyone will be keen to get involved with!
previous theme weeks we've had fun with include:
- animals (february)
should you have any questions about the clubs submission guidelines, we're here to help, so feel free to send either `KylieKeene or `cdaile a note, and we'll do our best to help in any way we can!
Kylie and Cath
club gallery managers, ~crikey
journal last edited by: `cdaile
(`Astarsia | `cdaile |`flameturret | `KylieKeene | `mirrorkills | `NyssaB | `zacthetoad)