~crikey's gallery mission
firstly, welcome to what is going to be the start of the best damn collection of Australian and New Zealand art in the world! allow me to introduce myself, i'm `cdaile
and i look after the gallery here at ~crikey
. i quite love australia and have a strong commitment to making sure the club gallery is the best it can be!
my mission with the club gallery, is to showcase our beautiful nation to the world through deviantART and now we are at the footsteps of our dream for ~crikey
, as we begin to fill our club gallery with only Australian and New Zealand art by Australian and New Zealand artists [even if they currently live overseas].
~crikey's submission guidelines
[revised march 2007, by `cdaile
submitting deviations to ~crikey
is easy, but please keep in mind that with over 1000 members, we've tailored our submission guidelines a little more in an effort to make sure the club gallery is the best it can be! remember, we're here to showcase australia
to the world!
so to submit your deviation to the club
, just send us a note with "submission" in the subject line and inside the note place the link to the deviation in your gallery (and a description if needed; location, event, details), and we'll consider adding it as soon as possible.
you send us your note with the submission link, please read through the following submission guidelines and make sure that when you submit work it meets with these. if your work does not meet with them, you may find that your submissions are not posted in the club gallery [you will receive a note in this instance, directing you back to this journal].
so, onto the club submission guidelines:
- please don't send us more than 2-3 deviations for submission per note, we'll select what we like best and post it
- deviations must be clearly related to australia or new zealand in some manner (snap shots of "my dog" or "a peg" or "flower" will most likely not make it into the club gallery), we want you to show off our country, our culture and our lifestyle to the world.
- deviations should clearly explain in their 'artist description' how they express views about or relate to australia or new zealand in some way; alternatively, this information may be provided in the note you send us.
- deviations should be well presented; for instance, photographs should be clearly in focus, traditional art work should be finalised, written material and prose should be free from spelling errors; all work should be correctly categorised within dA, watermarked with your signature (for your own copyright protection), and presented neatly - frames / borders are preferable
- deviations which may contain mature content will be reviewed at the discretion of the gallery managers. please don't be offended if your work is respectfully declined
- we don't always accept every submission sent to us. we want the gallery to be a collection of various images, places, events, icons, animals, buildings and characters etc, so we're not going to take on 50 photos of the sydney harbour bridge (for example) unless they are of course SPECTACULAR. we know it's hard, and we apologise.. we certainly don't want to upset anyone, but this tough choice needs to be made.
- your deviations are submitted to ~crikey by you, deviantART members who are part of our online australian community and are therefore displayed in the gallery with your permission.
- images displayed in this club may not be copied or reproduced without the expressed written permission of the original artist of the work.
- all submissions must abide by the deviantART submission guidelines
- the ~crikey admin reserve the right to review and change these submission guidelines at any time.
should you have any questions about the clubs submission guidelines, i'm here to help, so feel free to send me a note, and i'll do my best to help in any way i can!
cath club gallery managers, ~crikey